Mold & Health issues are important to Bales. Mold is caused by a moisture issue within the area where the mold is growing. The first step in mold remediation is resolving what is causing the moisture and allowing the mold to thrive. Mold can begin to grow within 24 – 48 hours of moisture building up in an area. It is important to remove whatever is causing the moisture, or to decrease the humidity with the use of dehumidifiers or increased ventilation. Mold remediation is a pointless task if the initial causes are not also dealt with.
Mold can cause many types of health issues, which is why mold remediation is so important.
Symptoms of those exposed to toxic molds include:
- Immune system suppression
- Respiratory problems including asthma and infections
- Eye irritation with burning, watery or reddened eyes
- Cough – dry and hacking
- Nose or throat irritation or both
- Skin rashes or irritation
- Memory impairment
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Body aches and pain (Chronic Fatigue)
- Food Intolerances and allergies
- Mood swings
- Nasal and sinus congestion
Bales Commercial Cleaning, Restoration division, offers all the services necessary to restore your home or building.
A member of IICRC (The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification), Bales offers 24 Hour 7 Day Emergency Response Service, Content Storage and Restoration, Building Dry Down and Dehumidification, and Roof Repair and Replacement.